Saturday 12 October 2013

Always

I think you would be proud of who I've become.

I think you would be proud of things that I've achieved.

I think you would give me that smile as you watched me walk across the stage at my high school graduation.You would hug me after and say how you were happy to be there, and we would take pictures.
Everyone would be together, everything would be perfect.

But just as you missed my first day of Junior Kindergarten, you will miss my last day of High School.

Nothing will ever be the same without you. Family weddings and dinners are never complete without your laughter. You were the one who brought everyone together.

I cried a lot after you left. But mama told me that you would be upset if I cried and that it would hurt your feelings. And that if I was happy, you would be happy. I stopped crying immediately. I would never want to hurt you.  Everytime after that day, whenever your name was mentioned and I felt like crying, I would remember what mama told me. And I would smile, just for you.

I'm so grateful that I had the chance to meet you. Though I was only a little kid, all the memories I have of you are wonderful.

I miss you. Love you always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment